The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED*

+4
JulianJ
Granny
AshleyJane
TacticalBacon
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 am

AshleyJane

AshleyJane

@Andrew: When were Dahlia and Stu gonna have drama...? They're bros, yo. Partners in crime. There will be no drama between them. Because that bit of drama from before never happened.

http://darkbluemidnight.deviantart.com

27"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:04 am

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Let me add to this. (sorry that my posts are sloppy. I'm typing them hastily on my piece of shit phone) The changes made in any unofficial meets could be recorded on a piece of paper so that any new information could be recorded on character sheets later. Additionally, in these meets, characters may gain knowledge or something that they can only act upon at a later time. For example, two characters could be in the middle of a plot, having a fight. Then, in an unofficial meet, these two characters make up. However, once back into the official plot, they would be still fighting, until after the module, where the unoffical meet is placed on the timeline. The only problem with this idea may be that something may later happen in the official meet happening that contradicts what happened later on the timeline, such as if one of the characters killed the other. But hopefully we could do our best to avoid these things.

28"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 am

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

(sorry for posting in strings, btw. i'm never sure if my phone will send these or not) and if these contradictions occur, such as the death of that character, we could probably counteract them, by saying that the unofficial meet never happened or that that particular make-up never happened.

29"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am

Sam! I'm pretty sure we already decided that it is gonna be in the present in our free time. There's no pointin having it in the future or past. It just complicates things and makes some rewards unavailable.

30"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:12 am

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

@Sam: but that tho is VERY hard to deal with. Sure it sounds alright when its only one or 2 people but remember Jake and I DM over 20 different people.

31"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:14 am

JulianJ

The only problem with that is if a person levels up on a meet, will they have to undo that level?
@Everett: We could keep track like we now do.

32"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 am

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

I know you guys want more meets but we do meet A LOT real DCI regulated game only meet once a week. I know this because I go to DCI events for Magic and there on the same night.

Jake and I are not pro DMs and we only play this game for fun. We work hard at the world we have made and have been working on it seance we first started playing and that was a long time ago. Being a DM is hard work and is not as fun as it sounds. A break every once and a while is a good thing.

I like how often we meet and meeting more is going to be hard if you want it to be fun.

33"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:25 am

GUYS!!! DM EVERETT ALREADY MADE RULEZ!!! Lets keep those to make this simple!

NO REWARDS!!
NO EFFECT ON PC'S!!

Also I'm offering to host a small group of 3-8 people once a week. A DM needs to update my DAD who was a real DM on our version of rules.

EDIT: He'll watch over or even train amature DM's to help reduce the current DM's load..

My point of view is from the beggining of this discussion so please don't post if your going to sweep aside all this arguing like it never happened..

EDIT: If you want a different style of sub-meet.. Make sure to mention that you are hosting that style!!! Create your own style if you don't like ours.

EDIT: I'm confident this will work. My dad is insane.

34"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 am

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Meh. I still don't see the logic in disallowing it. Its sort of contradictory. If you need a break then take one, but don't disallow people to meet on their own time and try their own adventures out.

There would be no possible harm done from simple little meets on separate timescales. Bad things could only occur if a total retard were to oversee the events, and I'm fairly sure none of us have downs syndrome. Any and all items received from the meets would be role played to have been left in the shop before going on any active adventure. Items and gold received would be an extreme minimum, nothing game altering. Major events such as card drawing or anything of the sort would be left out.

The other meets would in no way shape or form affect the current storyline. That isn't just me blowing wind in favor of the idea, its a fact.

I don't see where people are getting tied up on this, it would not impact anything you were trying to do with your story, it would just let people get together and have a little fun, rather than being boring.

35"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:03 am

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

Building on what Everett said, we have worked hard on developing what we've got. To be completely honest, I think it's cool you guys wanna play more, I do too. But with different DM's, I think it'd be a good idea to make a new character. That way, the new DM's wouldn't have to try to conform to our world's rules and standards, and we wouldn't have to worry about inconsistencies, or tying stories back to a master plot.

Oh! Idea! You could make new characters that live on a different continent. That way, they can exist in the same world, and wouldn't have to worry about timelines and all that.

36"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:05 am

JulianJ

That seems like a solution.

37"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:11 am

My father says that anytime that you change DM's, you have to make a new character. That might be appropriate, but I like Tom's idea better that we can transfer characters to anyone who won't kill us. If items are handed out quickly during main mods, it should take 5 min.

38"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:22 am

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Well, if its not going to happen, oh well. I wont push the idea anymore. I disagree with the logic behind its dismissal, but it happens.

39"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 am

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

I think it would be easiest if we did make new characters for these meets. I mean, in a typical group, there's one DM per campaign.

40"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 am

Great idea Jake. I vote new characters. Different continent. Full rewards.

41"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 am

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

Keep in mind, though, that these would primarily be side-characters, most of whom, unless traveklers, probably have never heard of Basala.

OR! We could have some people DM these new, side characters, and alternate between the two campaigns. If me or Everett can't make it, you could do the side campaign. You guys can't make it? We could do Basala.

Last edited by Jake on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fancy New Idea)

42"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:05 am

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 The_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out_of_a_lake

That idea is bad, and YOU should feel bad.

Perhaps.

43"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 am

Err.. Um... Yikes.... I don't like that one...

44"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:01 am

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

i have an idea that would follow everything everett said in his post explaining what the rules are. i will type it up and post it on here tomorrow when i have a computer so i dont have to type it all on this, my psp, cause that would take too long.

45"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:03 am

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

ok so here is my idea on these unofficial meets. we could have an enchanted mirror in the store that we can walk through and we would enter a mirrored-version of Basala. so when we entered the mirror world we could do anything we wanted and nothing would affect the real Basala. but we cant take anything back from this mirrored world since it doesn't exist in the real world but only in the mirrored world. also every time we leave the mirror world, it would reset (if we wanted it to). so if we were to burn down the mirror Basala and left, the next time we enter the mirror Basala it would be restored. also characters would not be allowed to die of course but if the did they would just wake up in the store in the real Basala with full health. so like everett said no exp or items or gold could be gained since they would not exist in the real Basala. also any people on quests, like everett said, could not participate since you have to walk through the mirror. of course the DMs could change that i hope. and that is my idea for these meets.

also i like the idea of starting new people on a different continent, i think that would be fun.

EDIT: sorry if i made it hard to understand, i just woke up and im still tired haha. but yea a walk through mirror...

Last edited by Styx17 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total

46"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am

brettward

brettward

i like collins idea. thats quite creative. and if we did go with his idea then the magic shop we are gogin to steal could perhaps have one of these mirrors. it's up to the DM's

i like the idea of making new character on a different continent as well. most of us only have one character and making another might help us learn more stratagy and give us more RP experience too.

47"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 am

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Haters-gonna-hate-eagle

Like it or not, that and the mirror world are what I'm leaning to for situations without Everett or I DMing.

It'd be easier to debate this in person.

48"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:25 am

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

it would make it easier if we were face to face. maybe we could set aside like 30 mins at the next official meet to talk about it. but i would like to start these unofficial meets soon.

49"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

Jake you and I need to talk about what to do here. You should pick a date so we can hangout and figure out what to do.

50"Unofficial" meets  *DEPRECIATED* - Page 2 Empty Re: "Unofficial" meets *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:48 pm

If you were to stop xp gain, you'd have to wipe the persons memory. So whoever does an adventure in the mirror would do over and over without knowing. The thing about life is that people tend to learn..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum