The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deck of Many Things REVAMP *DEPRECIATED*

+3
AshleyJane
Granny
TacticalBacon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deck of Many Things REVAMP  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Deck of Many Things REVAMP *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:10 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

For those of you who were not at the desert group meet, I in a stunning display of awesome, SINGLE HANDEDLY killed the God of Death.

This caused me to gain the deck of many things (Sorry Brett, you no longer own it.) And I was able to edit the effects of the very deck itself.

So I have completely revamped what each card does. Beyond that, you may now draw up to a max of 10 cards at a time. There is also another effect.

If you draw more than an undisclosed number of cards, your character is now addicted to the risk of the cards. Due to this new found obsession, your character MUST draw at least two cards each week for the rest of their lives. For every two cards above this requirement they draw, they will not have to draw for an extra week. For example, I elect to draw a total of 6 cards for my weekly addiction. I do not have to addict draw for an extra two weeks.

There is, however, a way to get rid of this effect. You may choose not to draw the two cards, and instead elect to be afflicted with Deathly Withdrawal. This effect takes away 5000 exp and you lose 1d4 points off your highest attribute. You must undergo this effect for two consecutive weeks to break your addiction. After the addiction is broken, you are still able to draw cards; remember, you are only under under this effect if you draw a specific amount of cards, so you may still be able to draw cards without gaining the effect.

Your characters are completely unaware of any changes to the deck, nor are they aware of any chance of addiction.

After a character has their first major drawing session, they must wait one week until they may touch the deck again. After one week has passed, the character may elect to draw one and only one card with no risk of addiction at any point in time.

The character may draw cards like this in one week intervals indefinitely for their entire life.

I said a lot of words, so confusion is logical. If you have any questions, ask them here and I will answer them.

Last edited by TacticalBacon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

YEAH, I'M STILL NOT GOING TO DRAW ANY. You guys are silly.

AshleyJane

AshleyJane

Dahlia shall be drawing again and again until she is a pixie again.

http://darkbluemidnight.deviantart.com

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Rules of the card holder aka me.

The holder of the cards is free from the effects from addiction, but the weight the cards put on the carriers mind causes him to only be able to draw a max of 4 cards. The holder is allowed the same once weekly single card draw of everyone else.

For every twenty cards the owner gets people to draw, he gains 2500 exp. Drawing cards for himself does not count toward this effect. The owner may elect to pass on the exp, and wait for 50 cards to be drawn, at this point the own may make one rule free wish.

Of course, absurd wishes will be granted as the DM sees fit.

The cards are not to leave the owners person. Should anyone attempt to take the cards, they will vanish to a familiar place that is instantly known to the owner.

The cards may only leave the owner if he willingly gives them up to someone else.

Thats all I can think of for now. If I get any more ideas, I'll post em.

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

You're such a whiner, Ashley.

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

The only edit I would like it see is that when the cards get stolen it becomes a game to get them back like the owner has to beat the person who stole them in some sort of game.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Hmmm.... I'll draft up some ideas for how that could play out.

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

ok and the Race change might be a little extreme lol

brettward

brettward

my cards Sad

AshleyJane

AshleyJane

For the race thing, what about making it temporary? Like, it stays that way until you draw cards again, and if you draw the race card again it stays but it removes itself if you don't.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I like Ashley's idea, thus I am putting that rule into place. The race change is only there until you draw another round of cards and you don't draw the race changer.

I think that makes it perfectly fair.

AshleyJane

AshleyJane

Yeeeessss~

Thank you, Tom!! Very Happy

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Haha, you're so predictable.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Another method of breaking free of addiction, just in case the first choice is too harsh. Getting it out of your system then going cold turkey.

You must draw at least 6 cards. After that you will be unable to draw ever again. You will not even be able to draw your once weekly cards. You will never be able to touch the deck again, wishes or any form of magic can never undo it, you're done. Forever.

Just to make that clear. Forever.

You can elect to draw more than 6 if you like, after all, it is your last time to do it ever, but no fewer.

I think that may make a little more sense, its less harsh.

LtBlaze

LtBlaze
Smartass Thief

wait
what the bloody hell happens to my orb of souls then xD

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I'm guessing you still have it. Nothing was said about it, though.

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

He still has it and can use it to bargain with the new god of death. An time the new deck takes a soul you still get it peter.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Hmm.... that reminds me. I don't have any soul stealer cards in the new deck. I'll edit something in so peters orb is still useful.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

with my luck, voas is going to pick that card lol

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Ok, after reviewing my effects of my new cards, I've decided the effect "lose a limb" Is a little too harsh. So I have changed it to an effect that will partner with peters soul orb.

Any characters who had lost any limbs to this effect now have them again, it was just a little absurd.

If you draw a card with an effect you feel is too harsh, then just tell me, I'll see if its too bad, or if you're just butthurt.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

good because having all my right limbs gone kinda sucked. do i have to redraw those cards that took away my limbs now?

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

You can either redraw, or you can undergo the effect of the revised limb card twice.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

i would rather redraw. so now i have to draw 4 more? is that right?

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Thats the idea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum