The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ebony Spires: Explanation *DEPRECIATED*

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Alrighty. So, most of your characters have either witnessed how they work, or used them themselves, so I shall explain how exactly these strange teleportation devices work. Basically, The Ebony Isles are like a transport hub for the rest of the world.

When your character approaches a spire and thinks of the location they want to go, they attune the spire to that location. After a spire is attuned, they simply have to touch it with the intent of teleporting and they will instantly zoom to the location that particular spire is attuned to. I must stress they must have the intent of teleportation, someone cannot force you to teleport, unless of course they use mind control or hypnotism.

Once a spire is attuned it cannot be used to teleport to any other location, thus because there are only six spires, you can only have six locations you may teleport to. Once we have more than six locations, I'll come up with a way to re-attune a spire, but for now thats how it works. Each character may have their spires attuned to where ever they like. Other characters cannot use attunements made by other characters.

e.g. Dahlia attunes a spire to her favorite spot in the forest, someone else cant come up to the spire and go to that spot, unless they've already been there of course, then they may elect to attune their own spire to that location.

For the sake of keeping it simple at first, the spire on the northern-most island is attuned to Basala for everyone. Keep track of what your spires are attuned to, it is your responsibility to remember. You can easily remember which ones are which by simply using the cardinal directions to describe which island you are talking about. i.e. N, NW, NE, S, SW, SE

As you may have noticed, when you appear at your location, a spire similar to the ones on the islands appear close to where you arrived, simply touch it and it will automatically bring you back to its respective spire on the isles.

Now that I read over this, it seems a little confusing. Please, ask questions and I'll answer them in a less confusing manner.

Last edited by TacticalBacon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

LtBlaze

LtBlaze
Smartass Thief

Just making sure, but one character can go to the, say, North East tower, tune it somewhere, and another character can tune it to what they want?

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Yes. The only spire that is automatically the same for everyone is the northern one. You can attune your northeast tower to any place you want without affecting anyone else's ability to set their own location to the tower as well.

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

Does the basala tower even work for my new guy who has never been to basala before?

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Ehhhhhh..... good question.

I think it would be interesting to have a character who has never been to Basala. If you have no problem with it, how about we say his spire is not to Basala. I mean, its not like theres anything there that you can't get here, right?

If you want, he can have a small house on one of the South Eastern or South Western Islands to live in. It would only be able to fit him and his stuff really, though.

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

We can figure this out at the DM meet lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum