The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Better idea. *DEPRECIATED*

+2
Roll-o-Bot
TacticalBacon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

OK SO. Here's another brilliant idea.

Again, it is on the subject of more meets. BUT THIS ONE IS PERFECT. MORE PERFECT THAN STU'S LUCK.

Anyways. Instead of just creating a new character for new meets, we create a clone world. Meaning, whoever whoever wants to attend a non official meet makes a clone of their official character as it is right now.

That clone is now its own character, totally independent of the original, functioning in a totally different dimension. These clones grow, level up, make money, gain items, and all the other things their parent character does. They, however, have absolutely no effect on the official game world.

The clones would have everything their parent has at the time of the clones creation. Money, stats, items, ect.

I think this is a perfect solution to our little problem. People can use their main character (in a sense) and do whatever they want in their world, get rewards, and generally have fun without fucking up the official worlds storyline or setting.

I would just like to highlight, again, that these clones are in a totally different dimension, there is no means of contact between them, and their parent characters. The world however is exactly the same, theres a clone Basala, cloned continents, everything is geographically the same, but on a different plane of existence.

You could just make a copy of the original characters sheet and mark it as the clone, and update it as you would a normal character, again independent of any of your official characters.

As long as people keep bitching about things, I'll keep coming up with ideas to quell them. Tell me what you think, how it could be improved, and if it could be put into effect.

Last edited by TacticalBacon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

2Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:03 am

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

I am ok with this idea

3Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:07 am

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Success.

4Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:10 am

Can we put this into effect as soon as possible with a section in the forums next to Basala & Into The Desert?

5Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 pm

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Ehh.. I'm not actually that huge on the idea, mainly because I just don't like the idea of having the same character go off on two different tangents. It would be especially confusing to me, in the situation my character is currently in. Plus, I was thinking of creating a new character, regardless of unofficial meets.

I would maybe suggest, if it's alright, that everyone could have the option between a duplicate or a new character?

6Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Well you could always make a new character too and still play with the cloned people.

7Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

The thing is, though, that I just personally don't want to deal with two amnesic Mots'. One is enough for me, thanks. Although, I suppose I could create a new character and clone her??

8Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:23 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Yuh. Thats the idea. You could either make a character in the real world and clone it, or simply just make a new character directly in the clone world.

9Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Ehh, I think I'd just prefer to make a new character strictly in the clone world. Keeping track of all my doppelgangers is bound to confuse me.

10Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:31 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Mmk. It doesn't seem too difficult to me to keep track, but thats just because I'm awesome.

Its a very flexible idea though, so I think it'll work for everyone.

11Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Aye. I got one or two species I want to try out too. After I did research on Guthix, I found he isn't as easy a character as I'd hoped.. I like the idea of the challenge of having many characters that wouldn't be victims of the strict personality of an Alaghi. I want to do Sam's idea also.

12Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

I'm up for this. I'll also be willing to try my hand at DMing it if you need a DM

13Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Yay! Death to a Newbie!

14Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 pm

LtBlaze

LtBlaze
Smartass Thief

I've dm'd before, only a couple times though. I seem a bit slow but I can still try

15Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Would followers be cloned too?

16Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Every aspect of the character would be cloned. Every item, weapon, henchman. Everything.

Its pretty much like you took your character sheet and run it through a copy machine.

17Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

I like this idea. Speaking of which, I need to update my character sheet.

18Better idea.  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Better idea. *DEPRECIATED* Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Yes as those worthless meatsacks you call followers are just worthless luggage and fall under equipment. Muahahaha!!!!! :}

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum