The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Entering Sheilra

+3
Melkor
TacticalBacon
Kiryan
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:58 am

NoodleToes

Kaer laughs. "Already? I'll not have my night end with a single song!" She pulls out her lute and begins a lively tune. "Let's have a proper jig, now," she calls in the general direction of the first dancers.

52Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:21 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: The original dancers hear this bright new music and cannot help but dance one more jig. The musicians from earlier play a light accompaniment, and even the man behind the counter comes out to bounce along to the sound.

53Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:14 pm

NoodleToes

Kaer begins to prace about and sing about the misfortunes of party of adventurers. She makes her way toward Melkor's side of the room and sings pointedly about a warmage with an irrational fear of rats, accompanying the words with grandiose, rather comical gestures.

54Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: The man at the counter roars with laughter, and then yells out "Bet he'd hate the cellars at the Troll then, eh boys?" The handful of revelers who seem to be locals laugh appreciatively at the joke.

55Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

Melkor

Melkor

Melkor smiles, taking note of the name used in the conversation as a point of interest.

56Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 3:36 pm

NoodleToes

Kaer, now atop the nearest table, finishes her song with a grand flourish and takes a bow. "I have failed to introduce myself," she says to the portion of the crowd that was listening, "I am Kaer Tinkerwick, and you gents are a fine crowd!" She hops down from her perch. "Now, is there anyone about who might be inclined to tell a traveler a bit more about this lovely town she's landed in?"

OOG: If approved, a gather information check (+13) for general useful info, recent gossip, etc. about town.

EDIT: Aaaand this is me beginning to agree with Tom about the shitty nature of the dicebot. Goddammit.

Last edited by NoodleToes on Tue May 01, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

57Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

The member 'NoodleToes' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'd20' : 5

58Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

OOG: Dude....these dice rolls....my goodness.

DM Note: One man yells over, "We sure could use your musical skills during the weekly market. I'm sure you could earn yourself a good few gold pieces. Next market day isn't for four days though."

Another traveler, a dwarven woman, leans over to Kaer. "As a gnome, I'm sure you're looking for the nearest bar. The closest one is the one Arngrim over there mentioned." She motions in the direction of the man from behind the counter. "It's got good ale and a warm fire. Arngrim knows the owner fairly well, so maybe he can set you up. Just don't let his wife know, or she'll have both of your heads."

OOG: If you guys want, I'm sure we can work out a "as long as it's not for a great decision" roll bit. I mean, I trust you guys, and those rolls are crap.

59Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm

Melkor

Melkor

OOG: I've rolled twice and gotten a 14 and an 18, so I don't think it has any bias towards low numbers.

60Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Wed May 02, 2012 1:38 pm

NoodleToes

OOG: Nah, we're just superstitious DnD players. Computers are just as random as you'd ever care to get, they just don't perfectly fit the definition of "random."

Kaer grins. "Excellent!" She starts off toward the counter, then pauses and turns back toward the dwarven woman. "Before I'm off, though, you're the first of your kin I've spoken with here. Might you know where I'd be able to find the handiwork of my people or yours in this town?" She gestures to her average equipment and says quietly with a smile, "Others simply can't match the quality of dwarven weaponry or gnomish trinkets."

61Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Wed May 02, 2012 4:47 pm

Melkor

Melkor

Melkor, noticing the same twinkle in Kaer's eye as when she was off to the inn, prepares to exit the inn.

62Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Thu May 03, 2012 12:52 am

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: The dwarf thinks for a moment, then says, well, for trinkets, I'd check down the market lane. There was a gnome who had a shop of sorts down there last I knew, though I wasn't much interested. From what I hear, the gnome's a harsh dealer, won't stand for haggling. As for weaponry, the blacksmith just north of here does a fairly decent job. He's only a half-elf though." She sniffs a bit, looking as pretentious as a dwarf may try to be, "Not dwarven quality, of course, but he's better than the average anvil-lackey."

63Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Thu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm

NoodleToes

Kaer nods and grins. "Thank you much!" She sets off toward the bar and approaches Arngrim with a friendly smile. "So, where might I find the establishment with the cellar rats? I'm quite eager to find my way about this town."

OOG: Just to be clear, the forums are usually a much better place to have your side adventures than the table. Don't feel like you can't do stuff at the house just because we're at the inn.

64Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Thu May 03, 2012 8:38 pm

mhoram

Mhoram observes the skull as it finishes its inspection, eager to know what this small ring does.

OOG: IS this Katie's or Tom's domain? the ring is from my very, very first adventure.

65Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Fri May 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: Arngrim looks down at Kaer and smiles eagerly. "Ah, the lovely lady with the lyre. If I tell you where it is, you have to promise to come back a play a few more numbers soon. Say, do you think you could teach an old man like me a few songs?"

OOG: Because it's from Tom's brain, I'm asking him first. Just one moment please, all our fancy skulls are busy at this time.

66Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Fri May 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: The skull, after fully inspecting the ring, begins to speak. "This item possesses knowledge of magics of an arcane nature.." The skull's jaw then clamps firmly shut.

OOG: +1 bonus to knowledge: arcana checks

67Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Melkor

Melkor

Melkor, approaching Kaer, very obviously walks up beside her.

68Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 3:40 pm

NoodleToes

OOG: Gaaah forgive me and my lazy posting.

Kaer lights up at the prospect of teaching. "But of course, sir! I could hardly call myself a musician without sharing my knowledge! But do you have an instrument to learn with, or shall I teach with the voice?"

When Melkor shows up, she turns toward him briefly. "Ah, this is our fine host, Arngrim. Arngrim, this is Melkor, rat-fearing magician and something of a companion of mine."

69Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Melkor

Melkor

Melkor cracks a half-smile at the "rat-fearing" comment and says "Well, the rats were one thing, but Kaer's caused me as many near-death experiences as any bugbear or rat" with a wide grin.

70Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: Arngrim chuckles and shakes Melkor's hand. "Ah, so that lovely ditty really was about you? My apologies, friend, but the lady does spin a fine tale in a tune." He turns back to Kaer and says somewhat bashfully, "I am currently not in possession of an instrument of any sort, including much of a singing voice...I believe I'll save everyone here the harm of hearing this old dog try to sing and just ask you to return once I can obtain an instrument. Will you be in Sheilra for long?"

71Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 5:28 pm

NoodleToes

Kaer looks pensive for a moment. "I haven't any place else to be, nor any ties to stay here for. I suppose I'll be present as long as my companions care to be." She nods toward Melkor. "There's a few more where he came from."

72Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Melkor

Melkor

Melkor pitches in, "We'll probably be here for some time, long enough for you to find an instrument and for us to still be here."

73Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: Arngrim looks entirely please, and exclaims, "Wonderful! I'll find myself a nice new instrument on the next market day! Would you be so kind to meet me here the day after that, Miss, uh, Kaer, was it? That'll be five days from today."

74Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Wed May 09, 2012 12:52 pm

NoodleToes

"But of course! In the meantime, ah, about the bar...?" Kaer grins in an attempt to smooth over the request.

75Entering Sheilra - Page 3 Empty Re: Entering Sheilra Wed May 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Kiryan

Kiryan

DM Note: "Harharhar...I can see you'd like to get to your point. You're looking for the Grinning Troll, it's just down the road to the left of here. It'll be the first building on the south of the road. The barkeep is a real nice fellow, just tell him I sent you and he'll give you a round on me."

Suddenly, the loud voice of an angry woman shrieks though the inn. "ARNGRIM SWORDFIRE!" Arngrim looks up with a rather worried look on his face, and sees a older woman with graying hair and a snarling face coming towards him.

"Arngrim, if I have told you once, I've told you a thousand times, you are not to pay for the drinks of our customers! The minute you start paying, they never stop asking for more, and then we'll be flat broke!" The woman then turns to Kaer and Melkor, and in a very strained tone, says "I'm sure it's not your fault; however, I'd be most appreciative if you wouldn't ask my husband here for any more money. He's a bit soft-headed sometimes..." She glares at Arngrim with a look that could freeze over any blaze.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum