The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

THIS JUST IN

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THIS JUST IN Empty THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:32 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY PLAYED D&D IN OVER A YEAR.

I'VE JUST BEEN STUCK DMING.

MORE AT ELEVEN.

Last edited by TacticalBacon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

2THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Then come play with us! I heard I'm a good DM

3THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I'm torn. On one hand, I want to play again. But on the other, Stu has become so interesting through his abilities and items he has obtained over the years that I don't know if I want to just start him all over.

There's no closure to be had. I almost wish he died from one of the stupid things he did in his later career so I didn't have this dilemma.

4THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

GOOD LORD HELLO KITTY

5THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

You're welcome.

6THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Well we really haven't got to the good stuff yet. But this site looks awesome now, nice job Sam.

7THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I wanted to make a more blood magic oriented Stu, but there is no official rulebook for blood mages. If I draft up a homebrew, could I give it some use?

And don't worry, I actually know how to make things fair.

I'm thinking it would just be a small list of spells that I would get in addition to my regular wizard spells, level restricted of course.

8THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Go right ahead, just send me a copy after you make one up and I will revise and stuff. But I know you are pretty fair when it comes to this, unlike some people...

9THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

I'll draft some shit up after work tomorrow. Should be fun. I made some custom creatures for an Ann Arbor module a few weeks ago and it reminded me how fun it was to homebrew.

10THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Just let me know what you come up with brah.

11THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

P.S. Check out Bobby's profile

12THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Okay, I have created a starting set of spells. For now I think it will suffice so I can create my character, I'll be finishing the spell list up over the weekend. I kept the players handbook by me while I did this to make sure the spell levels fell in line with other spells of the same level. This is an additional spell list, not what the blood mage class receives automatically. You may choose these spells in place of regular spells. Blood mages are treated as a type wizard and use the same spell limits, stat requirements, and armor proficiencies.

Blood mages are able to wield daggers with ease as it is their favored weapon to draw blood with. Most may also wield scythes due to the fact that most follow the teachings of Wee Jas, Goddess of Death and Magic.

The blood mage is, by all accounts, a standard wizard. However, unlike most wizards, blood mages
don't channel energy from their spell books, instead they use their own blood, or the blood of others, as a source of power for their spells and rituals. Blood mages store the knowledge of their trade on their flesh, in the form of blood runes. A new rune is inscribed somewhere on their body each time they learn a new blood magic spell. These runes are usually unsightly, as such, blood mages lose 1 charisma per caster level achieved. Blood mages can manipulate any type of blood, however only fresh, natural blood may be used as a source of power.

Main stats: Constitution, Intelligence

Level 0-
Blood Rune- Functions as Arcane Mark (Players Handbook 1). Does not require enough blood to warrant damage.

Consume- By drawing blood from either a freshly killed target or willing donor, the blood mage may heal himself for 1d4 per level. Willing donors take half of the healed amount in damage.

Stabilize- By halting the blood flowing out of the wound, the blood mage is able to stabilize a dying companion by passing a DC 10 check.

Feign Death- The blood mage is able to appear dead for 30 minutes per level. Defeated by a DC 20 +5 per caster level spot check.

Empowerment- The blood mage may draw blood to empower a valid spell. Each point of self damage equates to a +1 bonus to damage up to 3 points per caster level. The blood mage may not go unconscious from this damage or the spell will fail. The empowerment ritual causes the blood mage to lose his movement action for the turn. Rolls for spell failure are taken after the mage has completed the empowerment ritual.

Level 1-
Minor Blood Manipulation- The blood mage may manipulate approximately 1 quart of blood. These manipulations include push, pull, apply pressure, ect. Based upon the complexity of the desired outcome, the blood mage will have to roll varying DCs to succeed.

Blood Bolt- Functions as Magic Missile (Players Handbook 1). May be empowered.

Suffering- The blood mage is able to rip and pull on the targets insides, dealing no damage but causing extreme pain. A DC 20 concentration check applies to valid targets.

Calm- By slowing the flow of blood through the body, the blood mage is able to calm his mind, giving a +5 on concentration checks for 1d4 rounds.

Level 2-
Disarm- By manipulating blood flow to key muscles, the blood mage may attempt to cause an opponet to drop a weapon or object being held within the hand. DC 15 +5 for each size class above medium.

Life Tap- The blood mage may take 1d6 of self damage in order to heal a target for 1d4. Should the blood mage go unconscious from this damage, the spell will fail.

Blood Boil- The blood mage causes the veins just below the skin of the target to burst, causing painful and unsightly blood blisters to form on the targeted area. Causes 1d8 damage. May be empowered.

Brain Death- By starving the brain of oxygen, the blood mage is able to deal 1d4 of intelligence damage to the target. Lasts 10 minutes per level.

Blind- By starving occipital lobe oxygen, the blood mage is able to temporary blind a target. Lasts 10 minutes after the mage ceases channeling per level.

Level 3-

Burst- The blood mage is able to pull blood with such force that it is able to break through the skin of a target. Causes 2d6 of damage and allows the blood mage to use the blood as a source through which to empower a spell. Amount of blood is based upon damage dealt. Blood obtained by this method is only a viable power source for 1d4 turns. The blood must be levitated by the mage in order to maintain its viability. Should the mage come under attack, he must make a DC 20 concentration check or spill the blood into the floor.

Paralysis- The blood mage is able to halt the flow of blood to a targets legs or arms, paralyzing them. Lasts 1d4 turns.

Blood Blades- The blood mage causes the targets blood to clot into razor sharp blades, dealing 1d6 bleeding damage for 1d4 rounds.

Coagulated Armor- The blood mage is able to use his own blood to create clotted armor. He may sacrifice 3 health for an extra 1 AC, effect can be stacked for a max of +5 to AC. Lasts 2 hours or until 10 combat damage is received; this shatters the armor.

Level 4-

Cardiac Arrest- The blood mage is able to stop the targets heartbeat in an attempt to slay him. Target must make a fortitude save to prevent death. Should the fortitude save succeed, target takes 2d6 damage. May only be attempted once per encounter.

Level 5-

Ultimate Sacrifice- This is a ritual in which the blood mage transfers all life force from either himself or a willing participant into a recently slain corpse. The ritual requires 6 hours to complete and requires 6 candles whose wax has been infused with the mages blood. Resurrected target takes standard constitution damage from the resurrection. Target's corpse must be fresh and decomposed. Using an unwilling donor is possible, however it reduces the spell's success chance to 25%. Should the spell fail, the donor and the corpse are converted into energy and destroyed, dealing 5d4 damage to all targets within a 30 foot radius. Reflex save reduces damage by half. Another resurrection may not be attempted.

The higher level spells are spars because I'm still coming up with spells for this list. I may come up with more lower level spells as well, depends on how creative I get. Incomplete, but enough to make a character with.

13THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:27 pm

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Seems good to me.

14THIS JUST IN Empty Re: THIS JUST IN Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:18 am

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Since you are a blood mage, your a wizard (but you probably knew that) Do you have a familiar in mind? Or do you not plan on having one?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum