The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lor'adal - The stats, benifits, drawbacks and the lore. (DM's please view) *HOLY FUCK DEPRECIATED*

+2
TacticalBacon
Exonfang (BANNED)
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

DM EDIT: Since I'm lazy, I'll just add to this wall of text. Don't worry Bobby, I won't erase anything. Just strike it.

First of all, DM's please post here what you want me to remove or anything you want me to add so that it is fair.

Lor'adal is a Ranger and adopts all stats from his class. However he cannot use any ranged weapons such as bows or crossbows because of the nature of his blades being bound to his soul and his inability to wield any other weapon.

Favored Enemy: Demon
+2 on all damage rolls against demons
+2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks against Demons.

Persues dual weild fighting.

The Lore behind Lor'adal

At the age of 112, Lor'adal slew a great unnamed demon, with his sacred blades named "The Shadow Keepers" which in themselves have interesting traits. When he slew the demon however, these blades -- and the demon itself -- became attached to Lor'adal's soul. He was cursed with immortality and half-demonhood at this point. He struggled to overcome the demons grip on his thoughts and body for 200 years. He lost all memories which were unimportant to him during the struggle, only retaining basic ranger skills and few basic things about his previous life. (This explains why he is Level 1.) After he gained control of his now demonic body again, he spent hundreds of years watching other demons plotting his ways to rid them of the world, as he wished no other being endure what he has.

During all but the last 2 years of his life he was permanently in demon form, which is why he only watched the other demons. However roughly 2 years ago he met a scribe which wrote dark markings on his skin which allowed him to go back into his humanoid form, but only temporarily as his humanoid form required rest (by being in his demonic form.) While in humanoid form his demonic form was finally able to rest.

He has found out through terrible events never to sleep in any form as the demons plaguing him have complete control under him at that point. If he is knocked unconscious, both the demon and himself is unconscious so the demon does not take complete control.

He only recently started hunting demons again, his most recent, is a mystery to all but himself.

Lor'adal's Blood
Lor'adals blood is adopted from the demon he slew. If blood leaves contacts with his body and soul it turns into concealing smoke (harmless smoke too however.) It can also activate his Shadow Blades. The smoke can be altered like any other smoke through spells. However the smoke dissipates very fast.

Lor'adal's Sacred Blades -- "The Shadow Keepers"

Lor'adals blades are bound directly to his soul. These blades, are completely useless without some blood in the dip in the center of the blade. However, when blood is filled in them it will stay there until Lor'adal dismisses it. The blades will adopt the traits of other weapons (so I basically use them as normal weapons as far as damage goes) and can be dismissed from the mortal realm on command, turning into smoke. Doing this however the blades cannot be re summoned for 10 minutes. The blades deal 2x damage to himself. Lor'adal cannot physically wield any other weapons. Psyionicists who attempt to control the blades themselves will open their minds to the demon who corrupted lor'adal, putting them in a state of fear.

This information is straight of the dnd wiki. Which I tend to take with a grain of salt. Most of the stuff I've found there is OP, not to mention Homebrew.

Humanoid Form
+Lor'adal is a Drow Elf in this state.
+2 Dexterity
+2 Intelligence
+2 Charisma
–2 Constitution.
I'll go through the books for these. I mainly just struck these because I don't like them.
+Medium: As Medium creatures, drow have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
+Base land speed is 30 feet
+Immunity to magic sleep effects.
+Darkvision out to 120 feet.
+Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels.
+Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the rapier, and the short sword.
+Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels. I'll have to see about these. If we've given other people their spells like these, then you can have them.
-Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
+A drow who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if he were actively looking for it.
+Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon
+Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic
I don't know how many languages you get, but you can't just have all of these. It shall be discussed.
+Age: 110 [IMMORTAL] (Adult)
-Chaotic Neutral

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Demon_%283.5e_Race%29
Demon Form
-Chaotic Evil IN APPEARENCE (However Chaotic Neutral in Reality.)
+Immunity to electricity and poison.
+Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
+Telepathy (Chooses not to use in Humanoid form unless extreme circumstances arise. Ex. Silenced)This is going to have to be discussed. I'll do it in a later post.
+Languages: Abyssal, Infernal, CelestialThe same still applies.
+4 Strength
+2 Dexterity,
+2 Constitution
−2Charisma
Again, I do not like these. I hardly trust Dnd Wiki for stats.
+The Demons base land speed is 40 feet.
+Darkvision 60 ft.
+ABILITY: Power of the Demons(Ex): The Demon in using this power, increasing their physical capabilities, +4 Str, +4 Con. This ability can be used once per day +level. (Lasts 10min)
+Attributes Race: At Level 10 develops demon wings, can fly 60ft flight good maneuverability.
+1.5 ft Height, +50 lbs.

Traits which apply to both forms are underlined.[/b]

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

"Lor'adal - The stats, benefits and the lore. (DM's please view)"

Fix'd

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

HOLY WALL-OF-TEXT, BATMAN!

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Not to be mean Bobby, but... holy s***

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

All of the information is literally straight off the DnD wiki too.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Whether or not the race info is from the DnD wiki is completely and utterly irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is you are creating a new character that is two completely different races, something that is not listed anywhere in the DnD wiki the site your information is from, and also give him weapons right out of the gate that no one has ever heard of.

You also give him all these different spells that no level one should be able to cast, for example that power of the demons. On a level ten? Maybe. On a level one? No way.

Continuing on that, your character is level one, he does not get to bounce on into our shop and act like a total badass. He is not a badass. He is level one. He is weak. I don't know about you, but if I were in Stu's position and some guy just walked into our shop and turned into a demon and said he could kill us all, I would kill him outright then and there. The only reason I didn't whip out a quick spell and completely obliterate your character was to prevent drama, because trust me, thats what Stu would have done.

You cannot create a perfect character, especially one of this nature. He needs flaws.

With that said, here is what I propose along with reasons behind them.

-Since he is "Half demon" He is to take x4 damage from any holy, blessed, or generally any weapon or spell designed to harm demons or undead.

-When in direct sunshine, his chance to hit is reduced by 25%, seeing as demons are dark creatures, light harms them.

-When in demon form, any NPC that is armed will attempt to slay him, any unarmed NPC will run away screaming for help. People don't know hes really a sensible person, they see a demon, they kill it. Like you said, he looks chaotic evil.

-The demon in his soul is tearing his mind to pieces, each turn he must roll percentages (10%) to see if he becomes dazed by this clear and obvious battle raging in his head. In addition, his weakened mind makes him very vulnerable to hypnotism and other influential spells.

-When in demon form, he clearly becomes much larger. Therefore, his normal weapons will not fit in his hands, he must wield a two hand weapon to use one. He cannot dual wield two handers. That requires a separate skill.

-This strength of the demons spell must either be learned at a higher level, or toned down immensely. At level one it is way over powered.

-The smoking blood thing can be used for looks only, it isn't a spell. If you want a smoke screen, learn a spell, don't make one up.

These are a few ideas. The DMs may choose to adopt some or all of them. But honestly, your character needs flaws. It also needs to actually attempt to follow at least one or two DnD rules. As you can clearly see, each of these effects are based upon rational reasoning, you have described your character very vividly and I have modeled these effects off of only what you have said.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

wait, are demons considered undead creatures?

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Not undead really, but they fall under the same general category as not dead but also not alive. They have the same holy weaknesses and stuff like that. Demons are just undead that have an actual agenda.

LtBlaze

LtBlaze
Smartass Thief

We (Jake and I) were discussing a while back that we would have him take extra damage from holy water and such things, PLUS he cannot walk on sacred lands, such as churches or shrines to a holy god, unless it is to a demon or hellspawn.
The NPC thing is an obvious one, so yes to that.
And the two handed weapon in demon form makes sense as well.
I'll talk to Everett and Jake about the mind battle and daylight ones though they make sense, they just complicate matters for the dm and such.
And as for the Demon Strength one, yes it must be a higher level power, as you are only level one and still have much to learn about how to (violently) coexist with the demon.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

damn, i would have had a drawback if they were.

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

I agree with pretty much all but one of your drawbacks stu, and thats why I made this thread, so I could get drawbacks.

The only one I don't agree with is weakness to hypnotism, because if anyone tries to enter my mind the demon will show them what it's been doing to Lor'adals mind for 300+ years.

Maybe make a higher chance to be hypnotised, but a chance the hypnotist would take a 1 damage from the demon.

The abilities for the drow-elf are racial abilities, once per day. Don't see why those would be overpowered as rangers literally don't have any abilities until lv4, plus

I'll get rid of demon enrage ability.

Also to clarify, the weapons are like any other weapons except they deal 2x damage to me and I can dispell them permanently for 10 minutes. (but to use the blades again I'd have to take 3~ damage to fill them with blood again for the ability to be used again.)

And the blades just take the APPEARENCE of a demonic form but are still 2 1 handed blades.

The blades absorbing qualities of other weapons just makes it so "I bought a short sword, so now my blades are short swords but have the blood ability and do nothing without blood in them." then later "I have a better short sword so now my blades are better short swords but also have the blood ability but do nothing without blood." They don't keep all the qualities of all weapons they absorb if that was a misconception.

Did I mention Lor'adal cannot physically wield any other weapon than those blades?

If he's disarmed hes useless.

The dispell is so that if he loses them or if someone tries to kill him with his own blades he can dispell them to regain them.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

The drawback for your weapon is the x2 damage to your characters, but that effect is made irrelevant by the fact that he can just snap his fingers and make them disappear.

I mean, I understand you want a unique character, but this is not how you make one. You don't make a character unique with flashy spells and weapons you made up. Its sort of like you're Stephenie Meyer, you keep making an Edward thats amazingly perfect and sparkley and flashy while not focusing on what really matters in a role-playing game; the personality and meaningful character building.

I think you need to stop trying so hard to make your character able to do things no one else can do right out of the gate, but rather let his adventures mold him to do those things.

For example, my character started out a normal wizard, but in his adventures he learned blood magic and even killed the god of death. I didn't make him with those feats, he earned them through actual play, which is something your character lacks.

You appear to want so badly to create a character that is epic and unique and amazing, but the problem is you have to play your character to be able to have one like that, which you have yet to do. Hell, for all intensive purposes, your character doesn't even exist yet, seeing as we haven't had an actual meet for you and DMs to roll for stats. I think you just need to make your character a normal person. He can have an interesting back story and have a demon inside of him, but it shouldn't benefit him. He should have all the stats of a normal character, in my honest opinion.

All these flashy spells you keep making up only further complicate game play.

But thats just my opinion, it falls on the DMs to contemplate the pros and cons.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Actually when I started to make my next character, which was Nightfall, I had a similar idea in mind. I was trying to find the most powerful race I could find. But then I came to Nightfall's race, the Shadowspawn, and I knew that it would make for an interesting character. Plus he has some really awesome natural abilities. Plus the fact that everyone could help mold him into whatever was a cool idea, well it was for me.

I don't know why I am posting this but what I guess I am trying to say is that, you can have an awesome character without being super powerful.

Also completely irreverent, I see that people have different ranks now... I would like a rank... But if not that's cool too.

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

On the off topic, I was made a mod recently and requested to have my title be changed to Resident Drunk instead of just plain Moderator.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

Oh ok. That makes sense.

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

Tom,

HOW DID YOU CHANGE THAT

I can't find out how

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Tom doesn't have the power to, he's just a mod. I did it.

If you go to the admin panel, users & groups, then rank administration, you can create them.

Vedrick

Vedrick
Sexy Beast

holy crap, the text color changed for people's usernames! that is cool.

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

Sam for the telepathy it only allows me to speak to other people, I can't read minds or any of that nonsense, just for speaking, because demons can't physically make the sounds of any known language.

Without it I couldn't speak at all in my demon form which would just be stupid.

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

Bobby, it was I that edited with Green text. Notice how it said "DM EDIT?"

I have some time to go over a few things before I go to bed.
-He's going to take some monster damage from holy items. Like Peter said, he won't be able to set foot on any place of worship.

-The demon in his soul is tearing his mind to pieces, each turn he must roll percentages (10%) to see if he becomes dazed by this clear and obvious battle raging in his head. In addition, his weakened mind makes him very vulnerable to hypnotism and other influential spells.

I rather like this. Perhaps not every turn, because that would be a bit tedious. You said it yourself, Bobby, that he's still coming to terms with taking control over this demon. Two years is not long enough to even come close to mastering something like that. And hypnotism isn't entering someone's mind. It's not. It's pretty much planting a suggestion, like, "Hey, Do this!"

That's all I have time for right now.

Actually, I have some more time. I'll go over the Swords. As Tom said, he is Level One. He has to be scaled down. I have no problem with him being a Half-Demon Drow. I do have a problem with him being a Level One Half-Demon Drow Demon Hunter Ranger with a pair of Magic Soul-Bound Swords. You'll have to work your way up to there. You don't even get your Ranger bonus towards your preferred enemy because he's level one.

I also believe he'll need more penalties for turning into a demon form. As I said earlier in this post, he's still wet behind the ears when it comes to controlling this demon. There'll have to be something along the lines of rolling to see whether or not the demon takes over, as you're pretty much inviting him in.

Also cocks.

Last edited by TacticalBacon on Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added things that are essential to all serious posts.)

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

Okay then, for the swords have them gain the ability to disperse after lv1? They level with me?

200yrs with the demon, but I'll go with that too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum