The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our World: names *DEPRECIATED*

+2
Jake
Roll-o-Bot
6 posters

Our world name

Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap24%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 24% [ 5 ]
Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap33%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 33% [ 7 ]
Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap5%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap10%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap24%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 24% [ 5 ]
Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_lcap4%Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Vote_rcap 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

Hey our world needs a name and also needs to be drawn so I can have a final copy of what it should look like. So if you have any good names for our world post them here and then I will start a poll for everyone to vote on. If any of you have world drawings (try to upload them here I don't know if you can but try to figure it out lol)or give them to me in person

Last edited by D.M. Wiley on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total

2Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 pm

I have that one map I showed you a while ago. I forgot to hand it off to you so far, but I'll try to remember to give it to you at the next meet.

3Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

ok if you want you can draw one of the whole world lol

4Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:56 pm

I could get to it eventually, but I'm already filled to the brim with projects at the moment. We could just piece it together for the time being.

5Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:58 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

ok sounds good

6Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Jake

Jake
Truant Thief

I could post my draft of the World. I'm gonna have to work on it some, But if you guys like it, I can work with it.

7Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Granny

Granny
Town Lunatic

Yes, yes, share! That would be awesome.

Last edited by Granny on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

we need a world map it would help out a lot to plan modules.

9Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

There will be a revised version for the Basala map soon

10Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

I'm currently in the process of making a new map which makes more sense for Basala, and I think I'll try and make a world map too.

For names, we'd need things like;

Major Port Town - Basala
Capital Town -
Other Towns -
-
-

World Name -
Local Country Name -
Adjacent Countries Names -
-
-
-

11Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:56 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

We do need a world and country name

12Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:31 pm

JulianJ

Will our world be divided up by kingdoms and what not? Or it just one large monopoly?

13Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

I see it as random settlements some of them very very large and others smaller. They work together when they have to but for the most part don't interact. There will be a few kingdoms but not every place will have one.

14Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:20 pm

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

I've got a name for the world -- Solis, or Lutar.

15Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

ok when we get two more names I will start a poll

16Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Are there any criteria that anyone feels should be met for the names. As some of the people here may know, my brain is pretty much a dictionary when it comes to Latin and Greek roots and prefixes, so if you can describe the world to me, I can come up with an interesting name that actually means something relevant.

17Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:46 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

Okay here are my meaningful names as well as how to pronounce them. (Because we all know that fantasy words have a million ways to pronounce them and no one ever agrees on what is right.)

Ambul (AM-bull) derived from the Latin prefix meaning "To wander"

Archaem (Ark-A-im) derived from the Greek prefix meaning Ancient

Fornicra (For-ne-kra) derived from the Latin prefix for Vault

Haemstron (Hame-stron) from the Greek prefix for "blood"

Enjoy.

18Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

Thanks a lot tom I will will start a poll now to see what everyone likes the best

19Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Exonfang (BANNED)

Exonfang (BANNED)

I like Archaem a lot actually.

20Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:19 am

JulianJ

I'm so sorry everyone! I accidentally closed the poll when I wanted to get out of the results view! Whoever started the poll is the only one that can editit it...I'm so sorry guys who haven't voted yet.

21Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:08 am

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

It's ok Julian I fixed it. (I think) if you have yet to vote and can't please let me know, and I will try to fix it again.

22Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 pm

I think it should be nirn like it is in elder scrolls. then we could base the countries off elder scrolls as well and make up our own cities

23Our World: names  *DEPRECIATED* Empty Re: Our World: names *DEPRECIATED* Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:33 pm

Roll-o-Bot

Roll-o-Bot

I don't really want to base our world off anything. Jake and I have been working it for a long time and I personally have to many ideas for basing it off another person's creation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum