The Old and the New
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Old and the New

You are not connected. Please login or register

Da Rules and Recommended Reading

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Da Rules and Recommended Reading Empty Da Rules and Recommended Reading Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:13 pm

NoodleToes

Rules of the forum, courtesy of Kaitie:

1. Third person speak. Your character is not you (mentioned below). Rachael's note: Address other characters by their names.
2. Going with that, don't get angry at a REAL person over what a character does.
3. Any and all combat will be honestly rolled. Rachael's note: I would advise against getting into combat in general; it's a pain on the forums, and you can just do it in the next module if need be. If you really must, there are dice built in to the forum someplace. I'll update this when I find them.
4. If you need an NPC, pm the DM.
5. Your character is your character, not you (also mentioned below).
6. Any business transactions will carry over to modules.
7. DO NOT LEAVE TOWN WITHOUT TELLING THE DM WHERE YOU ARE GOING.
8. Family/friends/other people your character knows need character sheets that will be turned in to the public. Of course, sheets won't be necessary for little nothing one-shot characters.
9. Posts must have a point, unless they are in the stupid shit section.
10. (Rachael again) If you take control of another player's character, I will find and injure you. Right:"Kaer swings at Stu's face." Wrong:"Kaer punches Stu in the face."

Suggestions for not being a terrible player, courtesy of Rachael:

Protip #1: Consider the Meet Code of Conduct Speaks for itself. Generally good ideas.

Protip #2: Don't be this guy. Nobody likes this guy (yes, he's serious, and it makes us all cry). Your character is not the main character. Nobody cares about their deep turmoil, their dark fallen angel rainbow wings, or what brand of soap they use. You shouldn't need miles of description of your character's clothes and weapons, and if you need to describe their personality in depth in game, I will throw you out a window because you are a crap roleplayer. Nobody walks up to you and gives you a summary of their personality. You figure it out from your interactions with them, and that is how it should be in game as well.
2a) I have much more ranting on the subject, so if you still don't get it, feel free to crack this open:
Spoiler:
Protip #3: Stay true to your character. You may be mortified at the killing of that rabbit, but if your character wouldn't, don't play them that way. Maybe you would stay quiet and wait for that dragon to pass, but if your character wouldn't, have them run out in front of it playing an accordion in a party hat. DnD is about getting out of your own skin.

Protip #4: Keep it light, have fun. Crack some jokes. Don't spend all your time brooding over your sixth cousin twice removed's death.

2Da Rules and Recommended Reading Empty Re: Da Rules and Recommended Reading Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm

TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon
Resident Drunk
Resident Drunk

The dice roller is located just below the text input box when you post a reply.

If you do get into combat, I suggest rolling both your damage roll and your d20 in the same post. Rolling dice causes you to post twice; once for your text, and once for the result of your dice, so it'll help cut down on spam if you combine the two rolls. If you miss, you miss, if you hit you apply the damage. Pretty simple.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum